As an experienced broker, we can find a cost-effective van insurance package that gives you the protection you need.
What is van insurance?
A van insurance policy safeguards the insured driver. There are 3 main types of policy cover you can get, Third Party, Third Party Fire & Theft and Comprehensive. To understand further what each of these covers.
Whether you drive one van or have a fleet for your business, you’ll want to make sure you have the right insurance cover in place. That’s why we’re here to help you find the best van insurance to suit your needs.
How van insurance works?
First, it’s important to note exactly what you need as a van driver or owner.
You can take out private van insurance if you only use your van for personal reasons, like hobbies or personal travel. However, you’ll need commercial van cover if you use your van for work, commuting, or transporting goods.
There are three types of insurance policies available: Comprehensive, Third Party Fire & Theft, and Third Party.
The insurance you choose will depend on your requirements and your perceived level of risk.
Types of Van Insurance Cover
- The minimum level of cover required by Irish law
- Covers injury to a third party, their property and any legal liabilities
- Limits apply
Third Party Fire & Theft
- Covers fire and theft damage caused to your vehicle
- Plus cover as detailed under Third Party
- Limits apply
- Covers accidental damage caused to your vehicle
- Plus cover as detailed under Third Party Fire & Theft
- Limits apply
Van Insurance FAQs
Generally, you can avail of a no claims discount with a Van policy. The no claims discount builds up in years so the more years you drive without any claims the bigger the discount usually up to max of 9 years. Remember the no claims discount can only be used on one policy and for one person at any one time.
Whoever is the registered owner of the vehicle should insure it. Where Companies have multiple vehicles, it may be appropriate to take out a Commercial Fleet policy.
Drivers of all private vehicles legally require third-party insurance, but if you own a van or commercial vehicle, you may need different or additional cover. Vans need different cover to private cars because they are often used for purposes outside of personal travel. So, commercial vehicle insurance policies can cover vans, lorries, or trucks used for transporting goods or materials for business purposes. On the other hand, Private Car Insurance is for private cars often with some business use allowed.
If your van has been stolen, you should immediately inform the Gardai. You should also tell your Insurance Broker or Insurance Company as soon as possible. If you have Theft cover and the van is not recovered, you should have a valid claim for the market value of the vehicle.
Being involved in a motor incident can be daunting affair, it helps to be prepared for a situation like this, so you are aware of what to do.
- Take the details of all vehicles involved, including insurance details.
- Get name and phone number (address if possible) of other drivers involved.
- Note any witnesses and take their details even if liability appears clear cut.
- Take several images of the accident scene e.g., the placement of the vehicle(s) if safe to do so.
- Note any CCTV in the area which may have captured the event.
- Contact Gardai, if the incident was moderate/severe, if there are any personal injuries, or if there is any difficulty exchanging details with any third parties.
- Full details may be relevant even in low-speed impacts to combat spurious injury claims.
- Contact your Insurance Broker or Insurer as soon as possible with details of the incident – they will advise you on next steps.
Why Choose Campion for Van Insurance?
35+ years experience
11 offices throughout the country
Winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies for over 10 years
High customer retention rates
We review 15 Insurers and more than 20 products to find the perfect cover
As an experienced broker, Campion Insurance can find a cost-effective package that gives you the protection you require. As a customer-centric company, we strive to deliver a personal service that takes into account each individual’s needs. We combine excellent customer service with our expert industry knowledge.
Our dedicated claims team will help you to navigate through the claims process, should an incident arise. We offer payment plan options so that you can choose to pay upfront and in full, or spread it into more manageable regular payments.Get a Van Insurance Quote