For young and experienced drivers alike, finding the right kind of car insurance gives you peace of mind if you have an accident. Whether you’re looking for minimum cover or extensive protection, at Campion, we can compare car insurance policies to get you the best deal.
Who is classed as a young driver?
Any driver aged 17 to 24 is considered a young driver. Many drivers under 25 are new to the roads, making it challenging to find car insurance that offers excellent cover at an affordable price.
Fortunately, at Campion, we’re here to do the hard work for you — we can search policies across Ireland to find great-value insurance tailored to you.
How does young driver insurance work?
In general, insurance premiums are higher for drivers with less experience. As such, young drivers tend to face more expensive policy options. The good news is that, as you gain more driving experience, the cost of your car insurance should reduce.
Our type of covers
- The minimum level of insurance legally required by Irish law
- Covers passengers, other drivers, and damage to third party property
- Limits apply
Third Party, Fire and Theft
- Covers all Third Party insurance elements
- Also protects against fire and theft damage caused to your car
- Limits apply
- Covers all aspects detailed under Third Party, Fire and Theft
- Also covers any vandalism and accidental damage caused to your car
- Limits apply
Whatever level of cover you need, why not get a quote from Campion today?
We compare the best car insurance deals across Ireland to make sure young drivers get effective cover at an affordable price.
Save up to 15%
Learning to drive, buying your first car, and purchasing car insurance can add up. We can search a range of insurers to help you save up to 15% on cover and take a bit of that financial pressure off.
Leading insurance broker
Shopping around for the best car insurance deals can be time-consuming and confusing. So why not let us do the tricky bit for you? As a leading insurance broker in Ireland, Campion has the industry experience and attention to detail to find cover that suits your needs.
Flexible cover tailored to you
Every young driver is different. Going for a one-size-fits-all approach to insurance can lead to unnecessary costs or gaps in your cover. Our friendly team is always on hand to explain your options and help you decide which type of car insurance works for you.
Alongside being considered a young driver, there are a few other factors that can impact the cost of your car insurance. For example, where you live can affect the price, as can your choice of car, your job, and how often you use your vehicle.
Young driver car insurance tends to be much more expensive than cover for over 25s. However, there are a few ways you can reduce your premiums:
- Obtain a full license — as soon as you’ve passed your driving test, insurance costs will reduce.
- Choose the right car— a car with a low engine size (under 1.4L or 1400cc) is likely to come under a lower insurance bracket. It’s also best to go for a vehicle under 10 years old. They usually have better safety features, which can keep insurance prices down.
- Named driver experience— if you drive your parent’s car for a year, the named driving insurance will show insurers that you have a good driving history. This validation can lower insurance costs.
- Add a second, low-risk driver to your cover — adding a more experienced driver to your policy can lower insurance costs as it indicates you use the vehicle less.
- Consider an advanced driving course — as well as having a full license, passing an advanced driving course will help prove you’re a safe driver and reduce your insurance premiums.
- Pay annually — paying upfront for the year can work out cheaper than monthly instalments.
- Increase your voluntary excess.
- Compare deals — shopping around (or letting an insurance broker do this for you) can help you find the most affordable options.
Get a young driver insurance quote
In just a few clicks, we can provide you with an online quote from our trusted insurers.Get a Quote
Articles & Guides
Finding the right car insurance – how complicated can it be? With so many insurers promising the best coverage at...Read More
Choosing the right car insurance is an integral part of vehicle ownership. However, sometimes it’s hard to sift through the...Read More
Comprehensive car insurance offers full financial protection. It means that your insurance provider will pay out in almost all cases....Read More